This section is dedicated to resources for occupational therapy practitioners and other health and wellness professionals. If you want to be on the cutting edge, you must learn about fascia.
Teaching The Myofascial Self-Treatment Workshop in Parker, CO at the Fall 2022 Colorado Occupational Therapy Conference.
My Passion is Teaching About Fascia
As an administrator and faculty member in higher education for twenty years, I love teaching and consider it the most important part of my practice whether I’m teaching the basics about posture to a client or complex research on fascia to health professionals. My approach to teaching is very practical. As a result, my students often connect to my teaching style. I value simplicity and action.
My focus is not just on teaching myofascial release techniques. I teach about the current research related to fascia. It is now considered to be another body system. Understanding this system and its intricate relationship with all our other body systems is a critical layer to understanding health. If your fascia is healthy, your other body systems have the environment to function well.
I am also a learner, an input and strategic (Clifton Strengths Finder). I love to learn about topics that interest me, such as fascia, gather as much as I can on that topic and integrate it into my practice to continually offer the best possible service to my clients. Therefore, my practice and the courses I offer all have a central thread of integrating fascia research and fascia wellness concepts into how we think about our own health and the health and function of our clients. Now that I’m in my 30th year of practice I want to turn around and support all the amazing health and wellness professionals out there trying to be the best possible practitioner they can be.
- Read more about my background in teaching and myofascial work in the About Amy section.
- Read more about the concept of fascia wellness here.
My Immutable Laws of Business
I strive to create learning opportunities of the highest quality.
- Excellence in Teaching: I create courses that are easy to digest and full of information that can be applied to your practice immediately.
- Knowledge: I seek out and share the most recent and relevant fascia related information important to health and wellness professionals.
- Growth and Success: I want to see all health and wellness professionals find success with their clients and their careers.
- Health: Understanding fascia and what keeps it well is an important layer to understanding health.
Resources to Support Integrating Fascia into Your Practice
I have three methods where you can learn from me and with me.
I offer several courses for the public. Any course I offer to the public is also open to health and wellness professionals. If you let me know you need a certificate for the course, I will provide that for you.
I offer continuing education courses for all types of health and wellness professionals.
Myofascial Release Basics Workshop for Health and Wellness Pros is my highly regarded CE course. 100% hands-on with the classes kept small so you get lots of direct feedback to sharpen your myofascial skills that can be used in any setting.
One to One Learning Sessions
I love one-on-one teaching and learning. Health and wellness professionals can sign up for one-on-one sessions with me. During these sessions we can focus on practicing your skills by working on each other or do problem solving related to your clients. I’ve also had therapists use this time to discuss creating their own myofascial focused practice. I will create a certificate with your specific learning objectives so you can use this time as continuing education.
Therapists also have the option to treat clients with me. I have amazing clients who love to help me teach you. Plus, they get the experience of being treated by two therapists at the same time which is also a wonderful experience. To schedule this option, you must have taken my in-person workshop, been treated as a client by myself or a therapist I have trained, and completed at least one, one on one session with me. These must be scheduled directly with me at least one week in advance so that I can gain permission from my clients. You can stay for one session or stay the day. $50 per session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up this option. I can issue a certificate for these sessions as well.
While teaching doctorate level therapists, my university also offered distance learning. Over time, this made me quite comfortable and skilled at creating content and teaching online. I also completed a two-year e-learning fellowship which taught me so much about using technology to create high quality content which can be very challenging when teaching what we typically think of as “hands-on” skills.
My larger more robust courses are located on Teachavle.com. This site supports longer, more in-depth courses with greater variety in teaching and learning options. I have some designed for the public, but this site is mostly for you.
- A printable PDF version of my eBook A Beginner’s Guide to Myofascial Release Self-Care: How to Relieve Pain, Tension and Stiffness Naturally and Start Feeling Better in Just Minutes.
- A follow along video-based course A Beginner’s Guide to Myofascial Release Self-Care: How to Relieve Pain, Tension and Stiffness Naturally and Start Feeling Better in Just Minutes. This course contains everything you’d learn in the Myofascial Self-Treatment Workshop and much more.
- Posture, Fascia, and Your Health: How fascia may be the key to improving your posture and your health!
- Move Better to Feel Better and Live Your Best Life: How to Get and Stay Functionally Fit as You Age.
- Yoga for Your Health: Everything You Need to Know to Safely and Confidently Begin a Yoga Practice to Target Your Health Concerns.
- Coming Soon: Fascia for Occupational Therapy Practitioners.
You can also find my eBook on Amazon if you prefer the kindle version.