Occupational therapists specialize in helping people maintain or regain function during or after an illness or injury, but also with those people who want to improve their overall wellness. Many people do not qualify for skilled occupational therapy services paid for by insurance if their improvement is prolonged, benefits have been exhausted, or they haven’t experienced a loss of function. I offer cash-based occupational therapy services specifically designed to meet your needs with a focus on wellness. Occupational therapists focus on what is meaningful to the individual, so every plan is unique.
I can help you meet your wellness goals. I specialize in body alignment analysis and will evaluate how you use your body during functional tasks to identify areas of weakness and tightness. Learning to manage stress is also a crucial part of wellness that I integrate into all wellness plans. We will create a plan to balance and strengthen your body and mind to prevent injury, reduce stress, and keep you fully engaged in life!
Wellness focused occupational therapy may include:
- personal exercise training to improve strength, flexibility, and functional movement
- designing an exercise and movement program you can do with your therapist or at home
- rehabilitation strategies to improve physical, cognitive, or visual skills
- myofascial release or stretching to improve mobility or decrease pain
- home visits to improve accessibility
- wellness training
- others as needed
Photo: This was taken during a dear friend’s 50th birthday party. Taking time to relax and be with those you care about is important.